[Condor-users] Got job removed from Condor

Hi:

I recently submitted 10 Python scripts... they are exactly the same except having different values in a parameter. I submitted them at the same time and they started running immediately.

However, after 2 days when I checked back, only 2 of them were still running and all others were removed from Condor... Apparently the other 8 left unfinished because I got only incomplete results from them.

What could cause this? I heard that if a job is idle for too long, it will eventually be removed from Condor. But what could cause a running job flame out to idle?

Thanks
Nick

"Nick" Yanpei Liu
Ph.D Student