Re: [Condor-users] Start only one job instance with multiple slots available

Hi Ben,

Is this what you're looking for?

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=WholeMachineSlots
Not really, I want only a subset of this. If I comprehended correct the whole machine solution allows running jobs that use all slots of a machine and single slot jobs.
What I'd like to have is simply not starting JobTypeA if one of the slots already runs a JobTypeA.
I was thinking about publishing the type of the currently running jobs as machine attributes and modify the start expression based on that,
but I haven't found a way to be able to read them from the start expression.

Cheers,
Szabolcs