[Condor-users] cluster number in shell script (sh)

    Hello all,

I am using shell scripts to generate condor submit files and to submit
them.
The scripts generate clusters with many jobs (hundreds) and I want at
the end to have in one log file the output and the error log of all the
jobs in the cluster. For the moment I am using the shell name and pid
for the log name ( $0.$$ ) but the pid will be reused and I will like to
use the cluster number for it - which should be unique (or not?).

Is there any way to get the cluster number in the script without having
to parse the output of the condor_submit command?

cluster=`condor_submit job.submit | grep "submitted to cluster" | awk
'{print $6} `
echo "cluster $cluster"

Regards,
Alexandru