Re: [Condor-users] $ENV() in condor_config windows version 7.4.3 issues

You are correct.  LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE is not handed like LOCAL_DIR and RELEASE_DIR.  In fact LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE is really sort of misnamed.  It should really be called LOCAL_CONFIG_FILES (plural).  It is defined as a comma or space separated list of local config files.

The bad news is that the parser for this list pays no attention to single or double quotes (oops!).   It just blindly tokenizes the list on every space and/or comma.   It then treats each token as a filename.

So this is really a bug in Condor,  LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE will only accept file paths that have no spaces or commas in them.  The only workarounds involve handing LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE a path that contains no spaces.

Either use short pathnames like PROGRA~1\Condor\condor_config.local or use mklink (Vista and 7) or linkd (WinXP) to create symlinks or hardlinks to the condor folder or local config file.

I have added a ticket for this bug:
https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=1687

-tj