Re: [Condor-users] change dagman's maxjobs while dagman is running?

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Carsten Aulbert wrote:

On Tuesday 05 October 2010 23:09:02 R. Kent Wenger wrote:
If maxjobs is specified in the command-line arguments, I guess you could
do something like condor_hold, then condor_qedit to change the arguments,
and condor_release.

This looks interesting and I already looked yesterday but somehow read past
the "Arguments" line. I guess the full line needs to stay exactly the same
except the maxjobs field, right?

Arguments = "-f -l . -Debug 3 -Lockfile FstatCdag.dag.lock -AutoRescue 1 -
DoRescueFrom 0 -Dag FstatCdag.dag -MaxJobs 500 -CsdVersion $CondorVersion:'
'7.4.2' 'Mar' '30' '2010' 'BuildID:' '227044' '$"

Yes, that's right -- you just want to change the maxjobs value. A lot of the other stuff gets put into the arguments automatically by condor_submit_dag, and condor_dagman itself will fail without it (for example, -CsdVersion).

Kent Wenger
Condor Team