Re: [Condor-users] STARTD_ATTRS question

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Mag Gam <magawake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was wondering if this is possible to do,

if [[ -d /home/archive ]]; then
 archive="yes"
else
 archive="no"
fi

Years ago I was wondering how well Tcl would fit in to the config scheme used by Condor. Precisely so you could code in logic like this. Didn't really get much traction with the idea and the Condor Team did add in a fair bit of ClassAd logic to the config file parser.

STARTD_ATTRS = archive

Basically, it would be useful to do shell logic.

So the only way I can see to do this now would be to use a Startd Cron job that called condor_config_val to set the value. You can pre-set the variable with:

ARCHIVE_AVAILABLE = False
STARTD_ATTRS = ARCHIVE_AVAILABLE

And then have the cron job correct the value based on reality for the machine when it runs. Just set the period to something long like every 24h.

Regards,
- Ian