Re: [Condor-users] Looking for something like CpuBusy for Disk

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 08:27:11PM -0400, Ian Chesal wrote:
> Hi Diane,
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Diane Trout <diane@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if there was anything like the CpuBusy macro that could I
> > could use to throttle launching new processes if the disks were too busy?
> >

> There isn't anything in Condor to do this out-of-the-box but you could run
> Startd cron jobs on your machines that periodically run iostat or vmstat and
> return a "disk activity" number that gets stored and set as a ClassAd
> attribute on the machine's ad.

Can you define an expression that queries a different machines attributes?

For example:

The main file server publishes an attribute PercentUtilization.Partition1

Can another machine query the attribute for instance FileServer.PercentUtilization.Partion1? Or would I need to use an external script to push the attribute into each machines local ClassAd?

Thank you again,
Diane