Re: [Condor-users] Steering Jobs to a File on HDFS

Hi Experts,

I see activities of using HDFS as the underlying FS for Condor. As far as I understand condor is copying the file out of HDFS before a job runs, is this correct?

Since HDFS can be exported to workloads (jobs) directly via e.g. Fuse. I am just wondering is it possible that, in a condor cluster where compute worker nodes are also HDFS storage nodes, condor can send the job directly to the node where the file is located on HDFS?

Thanks.