[Condor-users] registering a callback function to detect a job submission

Title: registering a callback function to detect a job submission

Hi All,

I have a question about a method to detect a condor job submission from the third party application. The working scenario in my mind is:

A third party application registers a callback function to the condor_schedd or condor_collector.

Whenever a job is submitted, I want to make the callback function to be called.

For this purpose, I used SchedLog file changes. At the third party application, I registered a callback function for the SchedLog file change. By detecting SchedLog file changes, I could monitor a job submission, but the file seems to have too many unnecessary changes which are not directly related to job submission. I am wondering if there is a better way to detect a job submission as a callback type function. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kyungyong Lee