[Condor-users] changing the advertised startd address ?

Dear All,

I'm trying to get a Condor execute node to run inside a CoLinux VM as per the Oxford
e-Research Centre setup

(see www.oliba.uab.es/CondorWeek2008/.../12_00_Spence-OxGrid-EU-Condor.ppt).

Communication to/from the VM is via slirp with port fowarding so that the outside world is reachable
via a private network address (10.0.2.15) from the VM. The VM condor appears in the pool
but try as I might it always advertises its private network address rather than the public address
(138.253.103.228) i.e.

PublicNetworkIpAddr = "<10.0.2.15:9613>"
StartdIpAddr = "<10.0.2.15:9613>"
MyAddress = "<10.0.2.15:9613>"

I've copied pretty much everything in  the OeRC setup including the interface
alias

# ifconfig eth0:1 138.253.103.228 netmask 255.255.255.0

and the NAT routing:

# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j SNAT --to 10.0.2.15
# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -j DNAT --to 138.253.103.228

I've set the public IP in /etc/hosts:

# hostname
   vmcondor.liv.ac.uk
# cat /etc/hosts
138.253.103.228 vmccondor vmcondor.liv.ac.uk

I've also set up the following in the condor_config

HOST_OS_IP=138.253.103.228
BIND_ALL_INTERFACES=TRUE
NETWORK_INTERFACE=138.253.103.228

and I've even tried using condor_advertise to alter the IP address but still it
uses the private one.

Does anyone know how Condor condor arrives at the IP address advertised ?
Any help would be very very useful as I'm completely baffled.

regards,

-ian.

Dr Ian C. Smith,
The University of Liverpool,