[Condor-users] Condor Week 2011

Hello Condor Users and Collaborators,

We want to remind you to make your travel arrangements to attend Condor Week in Madison, May 2-6. We have extended our registration deadline until Monday, April 25th and have updated our agenda on the web site. We have some wonderful changes this year that you won't want to miss.

We're very excited to host Condor Week 2011 at the newly opened Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, home to the Morgridge Institute for Research (WIDMIR). WIDMIR is a state of the art facility for academic and private research specifically architected to foster private/public collaboration. WIDMIR provides Condor Week attendees a compelling environment to attend tutorials and talks from Condor developers and users like you. It also provides unparalleled spaces for one-to-one or small group collaborations throughout the week.

Our latest stable release of Condor, version 7.6.0, will be available before the conference. By attending, you'll learn how to take advantage of the latest features like: better data placement using customizable hooks; improved support for and integration with other grid tools like Globus Online, GT5, Delta Cloud and CREAM; and overall scalability improvements for your largest runs. You'll also get a peek into new features we're working for the next release--something you can only get at Condor Week!

We'll be hosting sessions on topics like large data set management and movement, use of VMs and integration with analysis tools like MatLab and R. Best of all you can establish contacts and learn best practices from industry, government and academia who are using Condor to solve hard problems, many of which may be similar to those facing you.

Speaking of learning from the community, we still have room on the agenda for a couple more interesting talks. They last about 20 minutes so aren't hard to prepare. If you have a compelling use of Condor you'd like to share, let Alain know (roy@xxxxxxxxxxx) and he'll help you out.

You can register, get the hotel details and see the latest agenda (subject to change) on the Condor Week 2011 site. See you soon in Madison!

The Condor Team