Re: [Condor-users] Can not get RemoteWallClockTime or CommittedTime report any value other than 0.0

On 4/24/11 10:46 PM, David J. Herzfeld wrote:
Hi Doug:

On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 21:59 -0500, Doug Benjamin wrote:
SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE = ((TARGET.RemoteWallClockTime -
TARGET.CumulativeSuspensionTime )>  $(Job_Time_Limit))

Job_Time_Limit = ( ( ifThenElse(( TARGET.AccountingGroup =?= "short_job"
),2 * 60,ifThenElse(( TARGET.AccountingGroup =?= "medium_job" ),10 *
60,15 * 60)) ) )
I just ran a simple test on our 7.6 pool - my periodic remove expression
worked appropriately. I think you might be getting caught by the fact
that periodic expressions are evaluated by the schedd (with an interval
somewhere between PERIODIC_EXPR_INTERVAL and MAX_PERIODIC_EXPR_INTERVAL,
which evaluate to 60 and 1200 seconds by default).

Good observation.

RemoteWallClockTime is updated each time before evaluating periodic expressions, so you should be able to rely on it in periodic_remove, as long as you don't expect the removal to be timed more accurately than the granularity implied by the periodic expression interval.

The big point of confusion here is that the updates to RemoteWallClockTime are not persistent until the job stops running. This means they are not visible to condor_q while the job is running.

--Dan