Re: [Condor-users] limiting number of slots a user can take

> Most options, like this one, require trusting the user to play
> along. If they don't/won't. Then you can enable preemption and setup
> policy to de-prioritize the user's jobs the more they have
> concurrently running. This is like running condor_vacate_job on
> their jobs.
>
> Ian can probably give you a handful of configs that do that too.

Getting preemption or suspension would also work, is there a configuration that also tries to limit the number of times a job gets restarted?

While I had pre-emption enabled, I had an occasional failure mode where a job would keep getting assigned to a system with too little ram and never actually finish.

Diane