Re: [Condor-users] CPU Core detection?

On 08/01/2011 03:06 PM, Michael Di Domenico wrote:
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Matthew Farrellee<matt@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
You could try reading this code (mind the #ifdefs 8o)...

Sometimes that's much easier said then done.... :)

Believe me, it was hard to say too! I should have put more emphasis on *try* 8o)

http://condor-git.cs.wisc.edu/?p=condor.git;a=blob;f=src/condor_sysapi/ncpus.cpp;h=7d65306516f2cb7c9b50b4d9cd8825df60c39610;hb=master

knowing where to look in the massive code base that is condor is helpful...

so based on the code it looks like there's what i would consider a
"bug" between condor's core detection and linux's core reporting
interaction.  It seems logical that adding node_id into /proc/cpuinfo
and having condor pick that up would be a simple fix, but as the
thread claims that patch to the kernel was rejected (i'll have to see
why), so it's not available.

Can anyone comment on whether the /proc/cpuinfo routines might ever
get ported to /sys entries instead of /proc which would also alleviate
this (the kernel thread claims is a better interface)?

I'll direct you to Nick (CC'd) on this. He tends to maintain the CPU detection code.

Best,

matt