Re: [Condor-users] Dynamic provisioning prevents Evenly Divided Resources tasks?

Is this config ok for a Dynamic Provisioning:
SLOT_TYPE_1=cpus=100%, memory=100%, virt=100%, disk=100%
SLOT_TYPE_1_PARTITIONABLE=True
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 1

We have a 8 Cores 32GB RAM blade server.

Thanks.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Ian Cottam <Ian.Cottam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/08/2011 15:00, "Edier Zapata" <edalzap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Good morning,
>
> I have a question about Dynamic proviosing:
> If I configure my nodes to use it, and I want to run jobs in the "normal
>way" I mean, each job will use 1 core and 1/NumberOfCores resources I
>always have to add:
> request_cpus =1
> request_memory=XXXX
> request_disk=XXXX
>to the submit file?
>Or I can have both configurations in the same node?
>
>Thank you.
>--
>Edier Alberto Zapata Hernández
>Ingeniero de Sistemas
>Universidad de Valle
>
>The archives can be found at:
>https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/

If your users don't change their submit files,
it will behave as if they had done request_cpus=1.
(I think Memory and Disk just come from the regular Requirements.)

We run with Dynamic slots here at Manchester and it works very well.
The only thing that is a bit confusing is the output from condor_status.
-Ian
--
Ian Cottam
IT Services for Research