Re: [Condor-users] Do the following settings remove all UDP communication from a Condor pool?

Ian,

I believe the settings you mentioned will achieve what you are trying to do.  In 7.6, it should also be sufficient to do this:

WANT_UDP_COMMAND_SOCKET = false
UPDATE_COLLECTOR_WITH_TCP = True
COLLECTOR_MAX_FILE_DESCRIPTORS = 3000

In 7.6, daemons that do not have a UDP port advertise this fact in their address information.  Therefore, it is not necessary to fiddle with protocol knobs such as SCHEDD_SEND_VACATE_VIA_TCP, because the client automatically switches to TCP when it sees that the server lacks a UDP port.

Since the address of the collector is hard-coded into the configuration file, there are two options: one is to use UPDATE_COLLECTOR_WITH_TCP, as in the above example.  The other is to add the "noUDP" flag to the collector address.  Example:

COLLECTOR_HOST = mycollector.host.name:9618?noUDP

--Dan