Re: [Condor-users] security problems with Condor 7.6.2

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 03:12:46PM +0000, Smith, Ian wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> It seems that if I give ordinary users WRITE access so that
>
> the can submit jobs then they are also capable of reconfiguring the Condor
> installation (bit of
>
> a scary thought !)

they may be able to send the reconfig signal, but presumably they cannot edit
the actual config file.  actually modifying the config would indeed be scary,
but doing so via condor_config_val -set is a CONFIG level command, not WRITE
level.

cheers,
-zach