Re: [Condor-users] kill or pause a condor job as normal user

On 08/15/2011 11:26 PM, Vogelsang, Andreas wrote:
Hey,

I've got an problem. We are running a condor grid with round about 2500 nodes. A user got the problem that his PC is one of the nodes. He says that he was trying to work but can't because a condor job use almost the entire memory. Now he asked if a user (which does not work with condor) is able to kill or pause the job. He is not the person which send the job to the cluster.
Normally the jobs switch to "held" status when someone is using the pc.

The user is not allowed to kill any processes.

I am grateful for any ideas

He should be able to use condor_vacate from his PC.

Best,

matt