Re: [Condor-users] Condor training

On 12/13/2011 9:31 AM, Poornima Pochana wrote:

- we are currently faced with firewall problems, or more precisely NAT
problems, in our cross-campus test pool. We are exploring flocking as a
potential solution.
* the above firewall problem is not the firewall on the condor host
(collector) but in trying to schedule jobs to compute nodes that are
behind a firewall

If your central manager [collector] and submit machines [schedd] are on the public network aka these machines are not on a NAT, it should be trivially easy to support compute nodes that are sitting on a NAT or behind a firewall. The trick is to turn on CCB (Condor Connection Broker) support in your config file, which typically means just adding two lines into condor_config. See

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.6/3_7Networking_includes.html#SECTION00474000000000000000

Unfortunately, CCB does not support standard universe jobs, but vanilla/parallel etc is all good.

regards
Todd