Re: [Condor-users] Global priority/fair use policy [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

 On 2/21/11 11:01 PM, Lenou, Peter (Contractor) wrote:

I have been able to change the priority of jobs that I have submitted (as described by the Job Priority section in the manual), but require something on a global scale applicable to the entire queue.

For example, if I have submitted 10k jobs and another user needs to run 1k jobs urgently, is there a way the other user can set the priority on a global scale such that the 1k jobs run immediately?

I could be wrong about this, but I think the "Priority" classad attribute is a "play nicely" attribute that anyone can set to any level and the highest one at any given time by any user will get priority.  You can play with your START classad to get different behavior, but without doing anything funky to bump certain users or user groups higher on a pool-policy level, I'm pretty sure you'll find that *any* user can get their jobs in first if they put Priority=10000 (or +1 higher than the current highest).

I'm sure someone will correct me if I've misunderstood.

Ian