Re: [Condor-users] Bug in Job Hooks?

Derek,

Thanks for the report. I have fixed the startd for Condor 7.7.0, so JobUniverse will be optional, as intended.

--Dan

On 2/18/11 11:45 AM, Derek Weitzel wrote:
Hello,

I was setting up job hooks for a startd today, and noticed a bug.  Either the documentation is incorrect, or the startd.

When first trying with the minimum required classad specified in:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/4_3Computing_On.html#sec:cod-application-attributes
with only Cmd and Owner, the job was always rejected.  But when we added JobUniverse = 5, it was accepted.

I believe this has to do with the default START statement.  The default start statement is:
Requirements = (START)&&  (IsValidCheckpointPlatform)

Where IsValidCheckpointPlatform checks the universe of the job.  Therefore, the required entries for a hook job are:
Cmd
Owner
JobUniverse

Thanks,
Derek Weitzel
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Nebraska Holland Computing Center