Re: [Condor-users] MATLAB cluster vs. condor scheduling

We do use DCE on our condor cluster, but my MAtlab-fu i sweak so I'm
not sure I can directly answer your quyestion but here's what I know.

Matlab DCE has a concepts for "Distributed Jobs" and "Parallel Jobs"
we have been able to get "Distributed Jobs" to work but not "Parallel
Jobs" (though honestl;y we've not mut too much effort in that
direction due to lack of resources).  I know that teh "parfor"
function (which is kindof neat) does not work in our current
environment.  I believe dfeval id on the "distributed" side of the
fence and would work.

Theres' some info mostly specific to our site at
http://tig.csail.mit.edu/twiki/bin/view/TIG/DistributedComputingWithMATLAB

If you'd like I can provide a submitfcn.m file for submitting to
condor (obviously has some site specific info that would need
adjusting).

For non-DCE Matlab jobs we strongly encourage users to compile their
code for licensing issues (we have many more nodes than licenses).  I
don't know what licensing is needed if you compile a DCE job, but I do
remember for a talk Mathworks did here that you can compile and
distribute it so presumably it has similar licensing advantages, I
really shoudl look into that...

-Jon