Re: [Condor-users] Condor Quill Problem

Hi Guys,

Sorry for bringing in this old post again: unfortunately I'm seeing the same problem.

The Central Manager and the Submit Host are two different machine (vserv03 and serv07, respectively) and I'm running Quill daemon on both.

Central Manager (vserv03):
DAEMON_LIST			= MASTER, COLLECTOR, NEGOTIATOR, DBMSD, QUIL
Submit Host (serv07)
DAEMON_LIST			= MASTER, SCHEDD, DBMSD, QUILL

The postgres database is running on the Central Manager (vserv03) with necessary permission for the Submit Host to access the database. I can run condor_q (or  condor_q -direct schedd) without any problem but "quilld"returns exactly the same error:

[root@serv07 ~]# condor_q -direct quilld

-- Failed to fetch ads from: <172.24.116.185:9915> : serv07.hep.phy.cam.ac.uk

-- Quill daemon at quill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(<172.24.116.185:9915>)
	associated with schedd serv07.hep.phy.cam.ac.uk(<172.24.116.185:9744>)
	is not reachable or can't talk to rdbms.
	- Not failing over due to -direct

I didn't able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any one out here with some info for me please?
As Steve suggested, here is output:
[root@serv07 ~]# condor_config_val -dump | grep QUILL
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, SCHEDD, DBMSD, QUILL
QUILL = $(SBIN)/condor_quill
QUILL_ADDRESS_FILE = $(LOG)/.quill_address
QUILL_DB_IP_ADDR = vserv03:5432
QUILL_DB_NAME = quill_vserv03
QUILL_DB_QUERY_PASSWORD = reader
QUILL_DB_TYPE = PGSQL
QUILL_DB_USER = quillwriter
QUILL_DBSIZE_LIMIT = 20
QUILL_ENABLED = TRUE
QUILL_HISTORY_DURATION = 30
QUILL_IS_REMOTELY_QUERYABLE = TRUE
QUILL_JOB_HISTORY_DURATION = 3650
QUILL_LOG = $(LOG)/QuillLog
QUILL_MAINTAIN_DB_CONN = TRUE
QUILL_MANAGE_VACUUM = FALSE
QUILL_NAME = quill@$(FULL_HOSTNAME)
QUILL_POLLING_PERIOD = 10
QUILL_RESOURCE_HISTORY_DURATION = 7
QUILL_RUN_HISTORY_DURATION = 7
QUILL_USE_SQL_LOG = TRUE

Thanks in advance; looking forward to hearing from someone.

Cheers,
Santanu