[Condor-users] LD_LIBRARY_PATH on execution host

I'm building up a Condor pool which includes Windows and Linux machines.
The software which should run under the control of Condor is a quite
large software package already installed on the execution machines. The
software requires the "run_as_owner" functionality (it needs to access
the user registry on Windows and the $HOME on Linux). So I use

run_as_owner = yes
getenv = true

I get the user environment on the execution host but the environment
variables have different values compared to the case where the user logs
in interactively. Especially the LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains a lot of stuff
which is not there when the same user logs in interactively. Actually,
when the user logs in interactively LD_LIBRARY_PATH is empty but the
process started by Condor gets something like

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib64,/usr/lib64,/usr/local/lib64

which somehow confuses the software I would like to execute. As I can
overwrite those settings with the script I use to start the software on
the execution host it's not a big issue for me but it would be
interesting to know if this behavior is intended.