Re: [Condor-users] Condor file transfer with command line parameters [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

> I have a compiled MATLAB simulink model that is invoked by the command
> line in the following way:
>
> Model.exe -p C:\inputFile.mat -o C:\outputFile.mat, where input file is
> on my local machine, and C:\ is where outputFile is placed when the job
> completes.
>
> How would I set up the ClassAd to execute the above command? If I use
> Condor's in built mechanism to transfer the input file, how do I pass it
> as a command line parameter to the executable, and how can I ensure that
> the output file is placed in the required location on my local machine
> on completion?

The files you transfer over to the remote machine will all end up
in the same working directory so something like this in the job
submission script should work:

Executable = runmodel.bat
TransferInputFiles  = C:\Model.exe C:\inputFile.mat
ShouldTransferFiles  = YES
WhenToTransferOutput = ON_EXIT
transfer_output_remaps = "outputFile.mat = C:\outputFile.mat"

where you write a DOS batch file "runmodel.bat" to be

 Model.exe -p inputFile.mat -o outputFile.mat

as you'll be running in a directory specific to your job on the
remote execution node, so everything is relative.

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971