Re: [Condor-users] Use of licensed software with Condor

On 01/18/2011 09:02 AM, Peter Ellevseth wrote:
Hi

I want to run a licensed CFD solver with condor. I am having some luck,
but the solutions I have been using are not good enough as our cluster
grows. I had a thought of adding a counter variable to condor that lists
the number of available licenses. What is the best way to do this? Is is
possible to add a variable

FREE_LICENSES = …

To the negotiator and the add requirements to the submit files? And then
have some script query the license manager and update this value at
given intervals.

I am not sure how to do this though, specially the part about adding a
variable to condor.

Regards Peter

Yes and no.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/3_13Setting_Up.html#36217

You can get Condor to limit the number of licensed jobs you run concurrently. There's no direct integration between the Negotiator and your software's license manager.

Best,

matt