Re: [Condor-users] windows vanilla: does any sort of streaming work?

On 01/18/2011 09:57 PM, Rowe, Thomas wrote:

I’m trying to get messages from a long running job back to the submitter machine and the solutions apparent from the manual don’t appear to work.  This is with Windows XP machines.

I tried using: > echo “the message” | condor_chirp put -mode wat -- log_file.txt

I also tried just printing the messages to stdout and modifying the classad: stream_output = true \n +TransferOut = true

Neither of these approaches actually stream the messages.  Back on the submitter machine the file only shoes up when the job has completely finished.

Are these features simply known to be broken on Windows, or is there some configuration aspect I am missing?  I did have WantIOProxy enabled.

What version of Condor are you running?  Streaming of stdout wasn't support on Windows until somewhere around version 7.2.

-Greg