[Condor-users] good start expression for smp & dynamic slots

My start _expression_ was always

$(CPUIdle)

or

($(NonCondorLoadAvg) <= $(BackgroundLoad))

This worked fine when each slot had 1 CPU.

But now, with dynamic slots, the main slot may ave, day 16 cpus, and a non-condor load average of 2.

In the old config, this would mean 2 slots were used, and 14 available.

In the new config, jobs won't run because (LoadAvg - CondorLoadAvg) is greater than the BackgroundLoad of .2

I changed start to TRUE, and jobs are running fine (because of the WithinResourceLimits)

But I'd like to get my CPUIdle and other variables working correctly with the new config.

"Somewhat Idle" is now something like:

(($(NonCondorLoadAvg)-MY.Cpus+1) <= $(BackgroundLoad))

IE: If Cpus is 1, then it's the same as previous, otherwise it allows for a LA of up to 1 per CPU.

I would also need to change the relevant part of WithinResourceLimits _expression_ to something like this:

TARGET.RequestCpus <= (MY.Cpus+$(BackgroundLoad)-$(NonCondorLoadAvg))

Would this work?   Can I even change the WithinResourceLimits setting?

- Erik