Re: [Condor-users] Condor 7.5.5 released!

Hi Dan

Does this windows development version need the Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT side by side
included as well? 7.5.4 didn't and I'm now getting errors because of it when the condor service
tries to start, e.g. Event viewer shows "Dependent assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT not found"
type messages.

Background:

On our distributed condor pools all our windows execute nodes run scheduled tasks daily that check
file servers for updated versions of condor, i.e. we ONLY use the zip download and NOT the
msi installation. Our own install script copies across the unzipped folder structure, the appropriate
config files, adds registry entries, creates scheduled task, etc.

We're currently running production version 7.2.4 on execute nodes and 7.4.3 on submit nodes.

I occasionally test and try the latest development version on a few nodes for evaluation purposes.

Thanks.

Cheers

Greg

Dr. Greg Hitchen
Advanced Scientific Computing | Cluster Services
Information Management and Technology
CSIRO

Phone: +61 8 6436 8663 | Fax: +61 8 6436 8555 | Mobile: 0407 952 748
greg.hitchen@csiro.au | www.csiro.au

Address: 26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151

PLEASE NOTE
The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.