[Condor-users] properly removing/stopping a dag and all its nodes?

I had assumed that issuing "condor_rm 267", where 267 is the cluster of a condor_dagman.exe job, would cleanly terminate all outstanding nodes of the DAG. Instead there a bunch of jobs left according to condor_q and  I have to use -forcex to remove them. Also, condor_status indicates many "State: Claimed; Activity: Idle" slots. I have to "condor_restart -all" to clean them up.

How is one supposed to cleanly terminate a DAG? This on windows machines, if that matters.

Thanks.