[Condor-users] Limit Number of Parallel Jobs

Hi Group,

Is there any way to limit the number of parallel jobs for a specific job?
I know about CONCURRENCY_LIMIT and QUOTA_GROUPS, but I'm interesting
to provide my users a way to define this dynamic.

For Example:

1. Say I have 80 Slots in my Pool.
2. User A send one big job that takes all the available slots (Total
of 200 Jobs)
3. Each job runs around 5 hours until it finished.

4, Now User B want to run two simple jobs.
5. The queue is full with 200 jobs assign by the user A.
6. User B will have to wait until 121 Job will be finished, and one
slot will get free.

This is off course assuming that User A and User B have the same priority.
It is understood if a User B have a higher priority, once a job assign
by User A will be finished ( around 5 hours), User B job will be
started.

But what I would like to do is to prevent from user B to wait until
one of the User A job will finished.

It can be done by RANK, but this is strict to a machine definition and
also involved with Preemption, which is not good for me.

In the DAG option there is MAX_JOB attribute, but this requires to
convert a a simple job into a DAG syntax.  It is possible but maybe
there is a better way .... :-)

Thanks
Sassy