[Condor-users] Windows 7 nodes making files on a share locked/unreadable

We have a Condor grid that is a mixture of Windows XP-64 and Windows 7-64 machines.
We run 300+ jobs overnight using an executable that is on a SAMBA 3.4.9 share hosted by a Linux machine.

We are having lots of problems with the Windows 7 machines marking .DLL or .EXE files on the SAMBA share "unreadable". That is when a condor job tries to launch the EXE on the share we will get DLL not found, although the DLL is present. The particular DLL that is "not found" will be random.

The DLL/EXE file is in some kind of locked state and the SAMBA server sometimes needs to be restarted to clear the lock on the file.

It appears the Windows 7 "Security Essentials" or "Defender" is the culprit. When Windows 7 "Security Essentials" or "Defender" is completely disabled the problem vanishes. However, there are no alerts or other messages on the Windows 7 machines. I suspect something Windows 7 does not like about launching an EXE from a network share....

We have excluded C:\condor from any scanning operations.

Anyone got a clue about this one..?