Re: [Condor-users] memory and calculation time relationship

That's going to depend entirely on the job; it all depends on how much information you have to keep in memory at one time.

Generally speaking if your job is already small enough to fit into the existing RAM, increasing it won't help.  (It may help slightly if you do a lot of I/O, due to more disk caching.)  On the other hand, if you're running out of RAM and swapping to disk, adding RAM may make things dramatically faster.