Re: [Condor-users] Restrict Condor to don't use X cores in a multicore node.

On 7/27/11 2:02 PM, Edier Zapata wrote:
Good afternoon,
  Thanks to every body for your help, finally I got it running, but now
I have another question:
I'd define two slot types, SLOT_TYPE_1 with 2/8 of total resources and
SLOT_TYPE_2 with 1/8 of total resources, I add 1 TYPE_1 slot and 6
TYPE_2 slots.
  Now I want to prevent Condor to use slot1 (the SLOT_TYPE_1 slot) is
there a way to do this?

Append this to your condor configuration:

START = ($(START)) && SlotId != 1

--Dan

This is the condor_status output:
Name               OpSys      Arch   State     Activity LoadAv Mem   ActvtyTime
slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxx LINUX      X86_64 Owner     Idle     0.010  8012  0+00:10:04
slot2@xxxxxxxxxxxx LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  4006  0+02:20:06
slot3@xxxxxxxxxxxx LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  4006  0+02:20:07
slot4@xxxxxxxxxxxx LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  4006  0+02:20:08
slot5@xxxxxxxxxxxx LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  4006  0+02:20:09
slot6@xxxxxxxxxxxx LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  4006  0+02:20:10
slot7@xxxxxxxxxxxx LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  4006  0+02:20:11

I want to do this, because the our master/submit node have 8 cores and
we want to process tasks in the other cores while we sent jobs from
the same server without produce a job's preemption.

Thanks