http://stackoverflow.com/questions/241142/c-net-how-to-check-if-were-running-on-battery
for details.

-tj

On 6/2/2011 10:38 AM, Eric Abel wrote:
I agree that laptops can be difficult for the reasons you give, but most of the computers in our network are laptops with docking stations, and they spend most of the time docked, so it makes sense to tap into them as a computing resource.

Thank you for the tip.  On one hand, you have answered the question of whether or not condor has a "power state daemon" (apparently it doesn't), on the other hand, you've pointed me toward a solution.  I'll do some poking around and see what I come up with.  Thanks for the response.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Cotton
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:19 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Laptops as condor execute machines

We've avoided joining laptops to our pools since they tend to
disappear abruptly and turn up on unexpected networks. What I'd do in
your case is write a STARTD_CRON program that asks the OS for the
power status and inserts that as a ClassAd. You could then use that
ClassAd in your START expression. How to write the program is left as
an exercise to the reader. :-)