Re: [Condor-users] nfs and condor

Yes, we had this problem.. we spent the money to buy a top-end Bluearc
NAS/NFS appliance, and then put in a series of locking scripts to
make sure that the number of I/O handles from any different user
groups are limited at any given time.

There are two places NFS can slow you down, one on the schedd
which has got to write stuff to the home areas, and one on the
startd which would just time out if it can't get to the file.
On the schedd/shadow end there are a number of timeouts and
retries that can be lengthened, although there is no substitute for cpu
speed and lots of RMA.  On the startd end you basically just
have basic nfs client tuning you can do.

Steve Timm