Re: [Condor-users] Job was held. Cannot expand $${Opsys).

Hey Todd,

Thanks for responding to my email.  Unfortunately, I do not think
"undefined" is the problem.  I ran the "condor_status -constraint
"OpSys=?=UNDEFINED"" command you suggested and didn't get anything
back.  I also checked every node in our small pool (using
condor_status -long | grep OpSys) and see that OpSys is set to be
either WINNT51 or LINUX as reported by condor_q long.

I have tried both of the following requirements settings and they both
produce my HOLD problem:

requirements = (OpSys == "LINUX" && Arch == "X86_64") || (OpSys ==
"WINNT51" && Arch == "INTEL")
requirements = (OpSys == "WINNT51" && Arch == "INTEL")

Since some of my jobs are running, my best guess is one of the
WindosXP nodes is not configured properly.  I am going to
systematically take the nodes out of the pool to see if I get the
problem to go away.  However, I am open to suggestions if anyone has
an alternative approach.

Thanks again,

- Dirk