Re: [Condor-users] Help!! Condor_q shows empty queue, but "condor_q -long" don't

On 6/16/11 4:02 PM, Ian Chesal wrote:

On Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Guilherme Ruppert wrote:

Please help!!

I am setting up a new cluster from scratch. Jobs are running fine, but "condor_q" and "condor_q -global" show an empty queue, but "condor_q -long" or "condor_q -xml" shows the jobs there correctly.

What is going on?  How can I make "condor_q" show the jobs?

I am setting up everything (head and nodes) in a single machine (for now). It is a Ubuntu Server 10.10 using the condor 7.2.4 (current ubuntu package).

Tks.
Hi Guilherme,

What does:

   condor_config_val DAEMON_LIST

say for your machine? I'm wondering if you're running condor_quill and perhaps that's getting in the way.

Another possibility that can lead to bizarre behavior, such as what you describe, is if you somehow end up with two identically named schedds running on the same machine.

Check to make sure you somehow didn't end up with two instances of condor running. (Normally, Condor protects itself against this, but there are conditions that can circumvent the checks that it does.)

--Dan