Re: [Condor-users] Pausing the Queue

On 06/24/2011 11:29 AM, McGee, Kevin D. wrote:
We have a recurring problem; our grid is so successful that there are
typically several hundred jobs in the queue 24/7 and downtime is hard to
schedule. We are still growing and upgrading our infrastructure, so we
need system downtime on a sporadic basis to change configurations or
bring new equipment online. Because of the way our application is
architected, these changes go beyond adding or removing compute nodes,
the changes affect every copy of the application that is running on the
grid. Is there a way to pause the job queue without asking users to
delete their jobs so that we can allow the jobs running to finish with
no new ones starting? This would allow us to wait for the grid to go
idle, do our work and then resume job submission.

Thanks,

- Kevin

Let us know if these don't answer your question -

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToUpgradeCondorGracefully

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToShutDownCondor

Best,

matt