Re: [Condor-users] Condor Job Definition with Required Disk Space ....

Thanks

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/27/2011 11:58 AM, Ian Chesal wrote:
On Monday, June 27, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Sassy Natan wrote:

Hi Group,

I wanted to know if it is possible to define inside a job the required
available disk space I need before starting the job.
So if I define a job with a minimum_disk_space = 10TB and there is
only 5GB the job will skip.....

We are in a process of converting 100TB of old movies into a XVID
format, and each conversion is divided into small files that
reconstruct at the end of the process...

Sometimes the process hangs up since there is no more available disk
space.

Maybe someone has an idea?
You can do this with a custom attribute:

# My disk needs in are 100 MB, but report it in kB
+MyDiskNeeds = 100 * 1024
requirements = Disk >= MyDiskNeeds

You could also write:

requirements = Disk >= (100 * 1024)

But the former has more flexibility in the long run.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Better would be to use the existing request_disk (RequestDisk attribute).

Best,

matt