[Condor-users] Condor in Parallel Applications

Hi All,

Currently, I am trying to run a program against a really large database. My plan was to fragment the database into n small chunks and then submit a job to condor to have n nodes, each of which will process a chunk of the database. The problem is that I'm not entirely sure how to do this. I have looked over the manual and it is not clear to me how to configure the submit file so that each of the instances of my program takes a different argument (specifying which chunk of the db to process -- assuming the existence of a shared filesystem). Alternatively, I imagine one could use condor's file transfer mechanism to copy different chunks of the database to each node and simply run the program on that chunk. Once again, not entirely sure how to go about doing this.

Thanks,
Sebastian Angel