Re: [Condor-users] OpenSuse11.2 should install which version of condor?

> > Hello Nick,
> >
> > Could you share with us the building procedure !
>
> First, wait for 7.5.6 to be released...  Real soon now (I think we're
> targetting next week).  Hmm, tell you what... I'm installing openSUSE 11.2
> in a VirtualBox machine as we speak.  I'll build Condor on it, note the
> steps I took.  You can then either use my build, or build it yourself.
> How's that?

Look at the "Building Condor on UNIX" page for general advice:
https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=BuildingCondorOnUnix

1. (as root):

a. Add the devel tools repository:
# zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/tools:/building/openSUSE_11.2/
"Devel Tools"

b. Install minimal components: cmake (& cmake-gui) & pcre-devel
# zypper in cmake cmake-gui pcre-devel

You should get version 1.8.3 from the above repo

2. as user:
a. Extract source tarball (in my case I pulled V7_5_6-branch from the git
repo)

b. run cmake:
./configure_uw \
  -DCLIPPED:BOOL=ON \
  -DPROPER:BOOL=ON \
  -DWITH_BLAHP:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_BOOST:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_COREDUMPER:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_CREAM:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_CURL:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_DRMAA:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_EXPAT:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_GCB:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_GLOBUS:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_GSOAP:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_HADOOP:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_KRB5:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_LIBVIRT:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_LIBXML2:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_UNICOREGAHP:BOOL=OFF \
  -DWITH_VOMS:BOOL=OFF

Turn on whatever options you like.  Run "./nmi_tools/glue/SubmitInfo.pm
opensuse" to see what options we use when building on NMI.

Alternately, run cmake-gui -- I think it's easier to select the options that
you want from within the GUI.

Hope this all helps.

-Nick