Re: [Condor-users] Is this a negotiator bug or what???

Hi Joe,

what version are you running?

It would be interesting to see which groups your jobs are being assigned
to (recent versions will output a warning if the job is defaulting to a
different group than implied by the submitter name)

> I've been fighting with this for a long time.  Occasionally one of our
> groups will manage to suck up all our slots even though they're over
> quota.  Most of the time they appear to work.

This can happen if a bunch of jobs land on an otherwise-empty system,
and the group in question has autoregroup enabled.  The negotiator will
observe that nobody else is using their quota, and give the surplus to
the incoming jobs.   Once those jobs start running, they may or may not
be pre-empted depending on priorities and configuration settings.

Erik