Re: [Condor-users] condor_submit adding the current directory to the executable attribute

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help!

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=569

may have some insight.
The wiki explains the problem well (except mentioning that in a cross platform environment it complicates things even more) but I did not find a solution there.

Also, setting transfer_executable=false in your submit file should help
Now this solved my initial problem, by setting transfer_executable=false I can submit the dagman job.
(I received an "ERROR: Failed to log submit event." message, but I guess its inevitable because of the linux / windows path differences.)

So now my dagman job gets into the queue, but it stays idle. The problem is that it inherited the current working directory from the (windows) submitter machine,
so I get stuff like this in the schedLog:

--
03/24 15:20:49 Starting sched universe job 41.0
03/24 15:20:49 Create_Process: Cannot access specified cwd "X:\temp": errno = 2 (No such file or directory)

I tried to add the Iwd attribute to the submit file, by defining  -append "Iwd = \"/tmp\"" for condor_submit, but it always concatenated the /tmp with the current *windows* directory from the submitter machine, so it was pretty useless.

Cheers,
Szabolcs