Re: [Condor-users] RFC: Adding GPUs into Condor

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Carsten Aulbert
<carsten.aulbert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to receive a few comments on the path where I boldly went forward and
> added GPUs into Condor. I know several places have already done this, but I
> have not found a working "recipe" out there so far. Note of caution, this is
> still work in progress as I need to figure out how to get this into the frame
> of dynamic slots
>
> As you can see here, this is something very specific to our local systems.
>
> My questions:
>
> * is there a better way to do it?
> * this is tailored for our Nvidia cards (we don't have any AMD ones in the
> cluster environment so far), thus a similar beast needs to be slaughtered for
> AMD GPUs or ideally a fuly OpenCL'ed version :)
> * any other comments?

We're basically using the configuration on our pool and it appears to
work fine.  We have a mix of Nividia cards but no ATI, but you're
right an OpenCL or an ugly hack will probably have to be done.  We
don't have any plans to move to ATI so we're okay with it.  We haven't
approached the dynamic slots on our machines even though we have 12
cores/node and 4/gpus.  For our code we typically run 2cores per gpu,
except in conder where we're allocating one slot per gpu.

If you attempt dynamic slots with gpu's i'd like to hear about it.