Re: [Condor-users] JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT parameter causing error (Windows)

Klaus,

I would be interested in hearing from the condor listsvr on this topic as
well. I am currently using 7.5.6, but I have not been able to configure
java correctly since version 7.2.x. I have posted questions about this and
there has been many questions about setting up java for windows, but none
of these have worked.

The solution I have used is to copy the java installation to an NTFS and
then I can run jobs requiring java using this. Obviously, this is less
than ideal but because I could not figure out the configuration it has
allowed me to run jobs via java.

I cannot find my notes on this, but I have also read on java blogs that
the location for where java.exe is installed has changed with different
versions. For example, I think some apps will copy the java.exe to the
system32 folder because I do not think the java installation does this any
longer. Therefore, I have had a difficult time trying to automate the
configuration when specifying the JAVA config macro.

Mike