Re: [Condor-users] slight bug in dynamic slots

It seems fair enough but presumably has some overhead. Is it reasonable to allow the carving out of the slot again when there might be 100s of similar jobs.

Consider a workflow that has 100s of repeating similar jobs.  It might be nice for the CLAIM to stay around so as not to return it to the dynamic slot and have to be re-carved. However perhaps that overhead is minimal.

I just wonder is there a better way to NOT match lesser jobs with the larger slot.  But if the overhead of return/re-carve is not too large then it seems like the right thing to do.

William