Re: [Condor-users] Setting up a new cluster - condor_schedd.exe exited (4)

I should clarify.  By master, I mean the condor_master daemon that is running as a service on the same machine as the schedd, not the master collector that manages your pool.  So all of the schedds on all the machines are dying like this?  Are any other daemons also exiting like this?

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Cochrane, Bryan T <b.cochrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Condor was installed by MSI.

I did change the master server (by replacing conder_config on each node) and there are nodes reporting in to the master. The IP address is in the log incorrect (169.x.x.x) as it should be 155.x.x.x

From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ziliang Guo
Sent: 17 May 2011 16:32
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Setting up a new cluster - condor_schedd.exe exited (4)

How was Condor installed on the systems?  The schedd is having problems talking to the master that started it and is dying, which is why no jobs are being matched.  Is the IP address listed in the logs the correct one for the machine the schedd is on?  Errno 10051 indicates an unreachable network.

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Cochrane, Bryan T <b.cochrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Condor 7.6
>

> Hello I am configuring a test cluster of 67 Windows 7 PC’s and a Windows Server 2008 R2 Master but I am seeing a lot of error’s from each node where the condor_schedd.exe exited (4) and if I submit a job I get the message that
>

> condor_q -analyze
>

> -- Submitter: icwincondor1.cc.ic.ac.uk : <155.198.30.249:63316> : icwincondor1.cc.ic.ac.uk
>
> ---
>
> 004.000:  Request has not yet been considered by the matchmaker.
>

> And the job will just sit there.
>

> Now the DNS address of the machine appears to be wrong. i.e. it should be maws414-43.ma.ic.ac.uk and not maws414-43.ic.ac.uk
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for initially setting up the cluster?
>

> Thanks
>
> Bryan

> The archives can be found at:

Condor Project Windows Developer