Re: [Condor-users] Getting stats about the schedd queue

On Friday, May 27, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Filip Krikava wrote:

Thanks a lot Ian,

That would have been perfect, but, as you say, it is a bit inaccurate. So in the end I ended up using condor_q.
That's not an usual response. I'll ask: what are you trying to do with the data? Are you trying to keep up with the scheduler and report the status of jobs in near real time? Are you trying to track a submissions progress through the system to know when it completes?

I ask because frequent condor_q queries can be detrimental to your scheduler's health. There are often better, but slightly harder, ways to do the kinds of things that people tend to see condor_q as the solution for at first glance.

Hmm...feeling a blog post coming on here...

Regards,
- Ian

--
Ian Chesal