Re: [Condor-users] elf on windows

On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 9:43 AM, alaxa@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

sorry for the silly questions but I was wondering if/how condor is able to
distribute code written from linux to windows machines in the pool. I am trying
but I get the Shadow Exception so I suspect It cannot run any elf code, am I
right?
You are correct. You cannot run this binaries on non-Linux systems.
Then, I see that there are project about running the condor-pool inside a
cluster of virtualmachine. I was wondering how this is efficient and
performant.
Modern virtual machine technology is impressive. The performance is somewhat VM-technology and application specific, but it's rarely an awful way to run computations these days. The biggest hit you'll take with this approach is the movement of the VM -- these VM files can get big if you're not careful with how you architect your job and your VMs.

- Ian

--
Ian Chesal
ichesal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx